Welcome to the Cloud Rapid Experimentation and Analysis Toolkit
Cloud Rapid Experimentation and Analysis Tool (aka CBTOOL) is a framework that automates IaaS cloud benchmarking through the running of controlled experiments.
To get started:
- Learn more about the tool
- Perform the initial installation
- Run the tool for the first time
- Prepare a VM image to be used with the tool
- Run simple experiments
- Look at some auto generated plots made from the data collected.
- Read our latest paper (to appear in IC2E 2013).
- Try to get connected with the Graphical Wizard
- Try administrating the tool with the Graphical Environment
- Then try monitoring your experiments with the Graphical Environment
- Try to customize your dashboard monitoring data with filters in the Graphical Environment
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions
- Automatic deployment and controlled execution of multiple multi-tier applications. Each individual application can have a specific load profile using probability distributions.
- Adapters for multiple clouds (EC2 and OpenStack, among others), with a plugin structure that allows new cloud models to be added incrementally.
- Can orchestrate different arrival rates and lifetimes for VMs using probability distributions.
- Collects application and system (OS) performance data from hosts and guests in real time.
- It is designed from the ground up to be highly scalable and parallel.
- Amazon EC2
- IBM SCP and IBM SCE
- "pure" Libvirt+KVM or Libvirt+XEN (soon)
- VMWare vCloud (in progress)
Marcio Silva firstname.lastname@example.org